White eyeshadow is so pretty and clean, makes your eyes look bigger and makes you look more awake instantaneously.
It is also one of the infamous makeup looks that screams “MIDDLE SCHOOL” when done wrong, right up there with black eyeliner and frosty lipstick. All of which can be rocked with the right tweaks. Here are my tips to look more posh then frosh (ha ha ha.. get it?)
1) Use Primer. I don’t care what brand, use SOMETHING to prevent creasing, crumbling, and general nastiness.
2) Stick to the lashline and inner corner. Using a shimmery white shadow here is what really makes the eye-enhancing qualities of white shadow come to life.
3) Try a cream formula. For easy gliding over the lashline and preciseness, I really like pen formulas, such as this one by ELF.
4) And then go over it with a powder. This helps prevent creasing, and also gives the look staying power. Use an angled eyeliner brush or even a q-tip to really push the shadow into the lashline and/or inner corner
5) Use mascara to give your eyes definition. Since white eyeshadow is a pretty soft look, using mascara helps give your eyes subtle, soft definition. Maybe not as much as Kim K., but a healthy coating should do the trick.